Wednesday 12 March, 2008

THE TRAIN (Turning Brain)!

Day before yesterday was a great day for me..I was very happy for the fact that finally, my brother and I, with efforts from my Bhabi and her family, were able to move mom and dad to mumbai... A little far from the place we stay, becoz its MUMBAI, and its expensive.

So we settled everything in its own respective place in the flat, the same day, and amazingly, THAT flat had become HOME. Thanks God for giving me such feelings...

Now the best part was what happened next. I woke up arly in the morning yesterday, with a deep breath, and I could hear some sounds. Which said 'Late ho jayega'. I opened my eyes to find that the sweet, charming voice was of my bhabhi. I got up finally, did my regular daily things, and then reached station, alone!!! My bhabhi had told me the train(LOCAL lifeline, mumbai).. which would start from that respective place to Andheri (where i stay and my office exists), was at 9.10. I am not a regular traveler of the mumbai LIFELINE, and so not that aware of the situation. I had never traveled alone in a Local train. someone would be there as my company, so never had any issues..

The train arrived. It was certain that it would stop for 10 mins and then start. I saw the station filling with people. But as the train stopped, i dint know what had happened. A bomb alarm? haffun!!! People started thrashing each other, hitting, pushing and more to add, verbal abusing. I took a deep breath. I remembered my Brothers words 'Its not easy to travel in a mumbai local', and just got my breath down. And suddenly i remebered my bhabhis words 'Wait for people to get inside and then you board'. I did the same. Lately when i got inside, i saw, there was ample of space inside the Train 'DABBA' on which i boarded. And i was wondering why people thrashed and rushed each other. I made up my mind then thinking, 'Might be they wanted a seat, on which they could sit' Finally the train started.






HMMM,so here it goes.. Sounds, noises, abuses...haffun!!! This was the story. Stinky people made me a Stinky Soul. Some having some tobacco, some talking loud. Ah, that was miserable for a person like me, who never uses public transport and relies on Rickshaw's and Taxi's, even to go for 1/2 kms. The very interesting part was about people, tightly packed and still sleeping on each other, even though in a standing position. I saw guys and uncles standing on the open door of the train, still sleeping and trying to stand without falling...

In a short while, i had my headphones on, listening to a song of 'ANASTASIA' -Life is a journey, which stated -
"One step down this road.
I know someones waiting.
Years of dreams just can't go wrong.
Arms will open wide.
I'll be safe & wanted.
Finally home where I belong.
Yes, let this be a sign.
Let this road be mine.
Let it lead me too my past.
& Bring me home at last. "

I was touched! Thinking of people around, who where hushing on each other, just to reach their home. Or going to office, to earn for their family, with a hope in them that they would get whatever they wanted. My head had a spin. The first moment i was thinking, stinky people, abusive manners, but very soon i could feel their mind. What they would be thinking, what situations they would be undergoing. And there was nothing i could do for anyone. I just kept my mouth shut. Thinking of my family, my hardships and the problems i faced, the support what my friends and family gave me and all my days when i dint had money to buy a proper clothing even. And then i could really feel people crying inside their heart, mourning for their hopes, and every good or bad thing. And my STINKY SOUL, was drowned under with drops of pain, happiness and hopes. Now i was feeling no stink, not hearing any talks around, but was lost in my world.

After a journey of 45 mins, my stop had arrived, and i had to stop myself of thinking all this, coz i was going for my work. But trust me, i couldnt do that. I was still sore from inside, feeling the pain. The pain of not reaching home, the pain of not able to complete goals, the pain of not being happy. And the pains were countless!!!

I wish everyone a good life. May God bless all. May they all be happy, and don't give op hopes. Coz its hope which keeps u alive with thousands of pains lying inside u!!! Take care!!! Be safe, coz someones waiting for you around.

My song for all today is the cover version of 'Yeh jo desh hai tera', by me, from the movie Swades. I need not explain the details of this song further, i think!!! This song is for US!!!

Music - AR Rahman
Original vocals - AR Rahman
Cover vocals - Sunny!!!

Broadband version!!!

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA


Dialup version!!!





Download Swades by Sunny!!!

10 comments:

Xorkes said...

Nice post

Sunny-Mohammad Sanour said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny-Mohammad Sanour said...

Thanks a lot xorkes

Ganesh said...

Sunny welcome to blog world, came through my friend Joe's blog.
Looking forward to read more about mixing technqs and approach.

RK said...

Welcome to the blog world!
Nice post, have travelled by those trains so could relate to it :)

Harshan said...

Enjoyed the song ...you have a nice range ...looking forward for more of these recording techniques,

Anonymous said...

congratulations on having your parents in mumbai now ...

- Prateek

Dhiraj said...

Sunny,

Heard your song, its one of my favourites, you have nice range and maintained the feel of the song through out. Keep up the good work and good luck for future endeavors.

Anonymous said...

Cool...very well sung
Like all others looking forward to more mixing/recording/making our voices seem better :0) techniques from you.

Vishal Khaparde said...

Wow ..Excellent rendition and mixing ! Very close to the original I would say ..:-) ..Playing in a loop now ...

Keep singing :-)

Cheers,
-Vishal